Jan 16, 2015

87th Annual Acadamy Awards Rundown

Here are a selection of the nominees from this years awards. I'll try to review as many of these as I can and see what shakes out. I'm already predicting a few categories: Boyhood for Best Picture. Many of these, I've also read the screenplays for so perhaps that will work into my review. Worth nothing that Gillian Flynn was shut out of the nominations for Gone Girl. I was also quite surprised Wild wasn't nominated for Best Picture.


Best Picture

American Sniper
Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)
The Imitation Game
Selma
The Theory of Everything

Adapted Screenplay

American Sniper (Jason Hall)
The Imitation Game (Graham Moore)
Inherent Vice (Paul Thomas Anderson)
The Theory of Everything (Anthony McCarten)

Original Screenplay

Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance) (Alejandro G. Iñárritu, Nicolás Giacobone, Alexander Dinelaris, Jr. & Armando Bo)
Foxcatcher (E. Max Frye and Dan Futterman)
Nightcrawler (Dan Gilroy)

No comments:

Post a Comment