Jul 3, 2013

Upcoming Summer Movies (Part 1)

The Way, Way Back

Comedy, Written by Nat Faxon and Jim Rash.
Release Date: July 5th, 2013.



I linked this on FaceBook because this is my dream cast. Steve Carell is a proven talent, but Allison Janney is one of my favorite humans, plus Toni Collette is immensely gifted. To say I'm looking forward to this is a gross understatement. You better not disappoint, Nat Faxon and Jim Rash!!! Who am I kidding. Those two are a delight. (I miss Ben and Kate)

RED 2

Action, Screenplay by Jon Hoeber, and Erich Hoeber.
Release Date: July 19th, 2013.



Ehh, this will probably be mediocre at best. But the original RED was an unexpected smash for me. I love a film that doesn't take itself super seriously (I'm looking at you, Die Hard series) and if I get to watch Helen Mirren kick ass again, I'll give this a shot.

The To Do List

Romantic Comedy, Written by Maggie Carey.
Release Date: July 26th, 2013



Everyone seems to love Aubrey Plaza lately, but I don't think I'm on that bandwagon. She is pretty funny and this movie has summer success formula written all over it. With some hysterical costars, and jokes that make me giggle in the trailer, I'm pretty excited to see how this shakes out.

Elysium

Action, Sci-Fi. Written by Neill Blomkamp
Release Date: August 9th, 2013



This is the guy who made everyone freak out with District 9. That being said, I am seriously pumped for Jodi Foster. She is a frosty bitch in this trailer. Matt Damon is ok, but he isn't winning me over like Jodi is with her bitch-face. I'm concerned about this getting the "over-hype" treatment and it being an ok film that gets praised to the high heavens. It makes me nervous when I can plot out three acts from the trailer. That being said, District 9, District 9, omg it's gonna be so good!

I'm going to post Part Two later this week. If there is anything I'm forgetting leave a comment and let me know!

Edit: Part2 is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment